Thursday, March 29, 2007

Misison Accomplished- 1st Sleeve Done!

Well, I managed to get that 1st sleeve done, a few minutes here and a few minutes there, in a little over 24 hours. It was a delightful little distraction on my busy Wednesday evening and Thursday afternoon. I'm loving the color combo- my flash didn't ruin it too terribly much, but it is just a bit more delightful in person!
I'm a notoriously tight knitter so I was a little nervous about gauge, thinking I might end up needing to go up a needle size (or 2...) but I ended up almost exactly on if I just concentrated on relaxing and loosening up. Who was it that said she had to go down to size 2's? She must be quite a loose knitter... must be nice to be that relaxed, LOL! I don't think I could make gauge for this sweater on size 2's no matter how hard I tried...
Anyway, the sleeve was fun, I'm anxious to get to the rest of it, but as I mentioned on my blog, work before play... and I'm not getting paid for this one! So I'd better get some work done, eh? Then I can get back to the second sleeve, hopefully this afternoon...
Happy knitting,
ali

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I love it in 2 colors! And the little rice stitch (is that what it's called?) detail is very nice.

I think it was Kristen who said that she had to go to size 2 needles, but I believe she was talking about knitting A Cardigan for Merry.

Nicole said...

So cute!I need to learn to do fair isle. Good work!!