Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Got Yarn, Getting Ready to Knit!


Okay, I got me some yarn, now I need to find me some time! There won't be much for the next 48 hours but I'll see what I can squeeze in...
I'll start with casting on a sleeve and work that up as my gauge swatch. You'll notice 2 yarn colors- I was googling and checking out the many blogged finished Pea Pod sweaters and came across an adorable one done with a contrasting edging. I loved it, but neglected to bookmark it... and my search today ended before I came across it again... anyway, I'm going for it!
My colors are called Grape and Avocado, and the yarn is Blue Sky's Sport Weight 100% alpaca. Did you know that alpaca fibers are 2 times warmer than wool and 7 times stronger?! I came across that tidbit of info when reading about raising a little livestock on a little hobby farm... so there ya go.
I have way too much to do before heading out in a couple of hours, but I'm hoping to just cast on my sleeve... then I'll feel like I've really started...
Happy knitting,
ali

2 comments:

YarnThing said...

that is just beautiful! LOVE the colors!

Marly

Jean said...

A contrasting edge is a great idea! I can't wait to see your progress!