Thursday, April 12, 2007

Finishing First Trimester Knit-a-long, Third-trimester-me!


Everyone is showing off such beautiful things! I realized that I was never going to finish my sweater in time, so I didn't even start yet. I knit a quick hat and socks for my baby, because I wanted to have something hand-knit from me in the hospital.

The first sock I made turned out HUGE for a newborn, so I revised the pattern a little bit. I think I'm telling you all this to put off my nervousness about tomorrow.


Tomorrow morning at 7:30 am, I am scheduled to have a c-section. It turns out that I have placenta previa and cannot deliver vaginally. After three vaginal births, this was a bit of a shock and sadness to me. I've also discovered that I'm scared. But I'm really excited to hold my baby tomorrow!! I took a picture of my pregnant belly to show y'all.

Last but not least, I haven't forgotten that we are to have a drawing on April 15th (the end of the Blog's first trimester) for a Piddleloop bag! I'll still be in the hospital, so Valerie might have to draw for me! Or you can wait. It'll be fun! Keep up the good knitting! I'm taking my sweater yarn to the hospital to cast on!!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Love the hat and socks!! I hope all goes well with the c/s and you are home and well soon. Congrats on your new bundle!!

Unknown said...

The hat and socks are so cute! I hope all is well with you and your new baby. Congrats!

Kim said...

Those are such cute knits! Sorry about the c-section, you'll be ok. I had a c/s with my first and 2 vbacs after. Enjoy your babymoon Mama!!

Jean said...

Oh my gosh, baby tomorrow! Congratulations and good luck! We'll all be thinking about you and sending you fast recovery vibes.

Valerie said...

You're beautiful, Kristen, and your knitting is superb! All sorts of prayers, love, and hugs for you, Mark, and little Rastus. (Don't worry, that's not what they're naming the baby--it's just my name for him. I like it. Maybe I should have another baby so I can use that name...JUST KIDDING!!!)

YarnThing said...

Kristen, I am so excited for you! You will be in my prayers and I can't wait to see a picture of the baby in that beautiful Hat and Socks!

You take care of yourself dear!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com