I had wanted to finally post about the baby sweater I've been working on for my friends Sarah and Shawn, whose baby Max was born just about 2 weeks ago.
I didn't want it to be this:
This might seem fine, but it's for a baby. Babies aren't quite the same as adults. Their bodies are still developing, and they don't quite know what to do with their hands. Sleeves are better if they stay out of the way a little, and rolling them up is not the look I was going for. The post-its for scale, if that helps.
The thing is, the body has been done for awhile now. I have had trouble with the sleeves because after the first one, I thought they wouldn't be wide enough. But this is worse, in a way, because there's no quick fix.
Well, I did think about just *cutting* the sleeves and picking up the stitches for the cuff, but I want this to be a nice sweater, not a sloppy hack job.
The sleeves are now converted to this:
I have some more knitting to do. Fortunately, it's fewer rows. Ah, there's a bright side if you look hard enough.