Monday, January 29, 2007

Here We Go

To tell the truth...with the exception of Socktoberfest, this is my first KAL. I am a KAL virgin! Who am I? Well I am a stay at home mom of three, an avid knitter and crocheter and working really hard to get published! That is me so you can put a face with the name! ( I know that helps me)

When Val contacted me about doing this KAL I was totally supportive. Now look at it...she has put it all together along with a GREAT button and everything. I think we all need to take a minute and give a silent cheer for Val!

I can't wait to start on this wonderful sweater. If I don't start soon my little tyke is going to be too big to ever wear it. Lord knows I don't want that to happen. So, this was the picture from my New Years Resolution: Knitters Style. I am posting it here so you all can see the colors I chose to use. I strayed away from the green not because I don't like it but because I thought it would look better on JoJo:-)
So, in the famous words of Oscar the shark in SharkTale: Let's Get this Party Started! (one two many cartoony movies)

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi Marly! You look the furthest along so far! I love the peapod sweater. What kind of yarn is that blue?
Kristen

Valerie said...

Marly! You lovely thing--I want to know the same thing as Kristen about the blue yarn.

I'm going to put up another Pea Pod button that will have a white background, if you or anyone else would prefer it.

Valerie said...

There. I re-did the original button with a white ground and put up a new one. No, Kristen, I didn't get Eric to draw the baby in the pod, I just sucked it in and did it myself. Is it okay?

Kristen said...

Your buttons are BE-U-Tiful! I'm so impressed. I thought Eric did it until you "fessed up" Nice Job!!

YarnThing said...

Okay, sorry I didn't get back to you until now...

That Yarn is from my favorite Yarn Store...

www.showersofflowers.com ( I know weird name but if you read the meaning of it you will understand)

It is Butterfly Mercerized Cotton Super -10 Double Knitting weight sort of a combonation of navy and electric blue...if you can imagine it!

I can't wait to work with is. What colors are you all going to do yours in?

Marly
www.knitthing.blogspot.com

P.S. Val...you are so good at buttons...you should make me one for my blog (hint, hint :-)