Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A baby surprise

Hi all,

I've been lurking on this KAL for a while now, admiring everyone's beautiful knits. But as I've entered the third trimester along with the KAL (I'm due in early November), some of my baby knitting projects have finally been completed.

Baby Surprise Jacket and Booties FO

This is a baby surprise jacket and a pair of booties (from Knit Simple spring 2007) in Artyarns supermerino. I estimate the jacket is about a 3-6 months size, the booties can probably be used right away. In fact, I think the booties are so cute they really deserve a close-up:

booties FO

I've also knit a baby kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting for a cousin's son:

Baby kimono in silke-uld

I'm working on a log cabin blanket, and I have plans for some utilitarian longies and onesies using various leftovers. I'd love to knit the Pea Pod or some other more advanced cardigan as well.

I look forward to seeing all of your inspiring knits!

Cee (Expat knits)

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Gorgeous, Cee! I just love the colors in your Baby Surprise Jacket and the booties?!? SO ADORABLE.

Jenny said...

Wow, those booties are so cute!

Gina House said...

Adorable set!! I've had this sweater in mind for a long time. Must put this on my list as well. Loved the booties!

YarnThing said...

That is so cute!!!

Marly